This dish is guaranteed to warm you from the inside out thanks to digestive warming spices like curry powder and cinnamon.
Classic Curry with Kale and White Beans
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or chopped
- 1 onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1 ½ cups roasted butternut squash, I pre-roasted a giant batch and will eat throughout the week, chop squash, season with olive oil salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees until caramelized, about 35-50 minutes
- 1 can beans, rinsed and drained (garbanzo or navy)
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- Add coconut oil to large non-stick pan and sauté garlic, onion and carrot for about 7-8 minutes until carrot begins to soften.
- Add spices, salt and pepper and mix to coat vegetable. Cook another 2-3 minutes allow the spices to warm through and flavor the vegetables.
- Pour coconut milk and vegetable stock to the pan and mix thoroughly. Add beans, squash and kale and cover and continue to cook until vegetables are soft and flavors are well combined, about 5-7 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning adding more salt and pepper or more curry powder.
- Serve over brown basmati rice or quinoa. Enjoy!