Do you know that really fancy, beautifully jarred, coconut yogurt? The one that tastes like whipped heaven…
What if I told you that you could forgo that price tag, make it right at home, and still get those probiotic benefits? No longer will life altering yogurt be out of your budget, nor overly complicated to make thanks to this recipe from fellow gut goddess, Celeste of True Spoon!
Here’s the basic recipe from The True Spoon I use when making my Probiotic Coconut Yogurt.
You can also watch our fun how-to Fermentation Friday video on Youtube here!
- 1 can of organic coconut cream (must be full fat organic coconut cream, coconut milk will not work)
- 1 teaspoon live probiotic coconut yogurt (to use as your starter)
- Add coconut cream and starter to a a pint sized mason jar, screw lid on tightly, shake softly to incorporate
- Store in a cool dry place on a paper towel or rag for 24 hours
- Place mason jar of probiotic coconut yogurt in the fridge for 3 days
- Remove from fridge (natural separation is normal), add contents to a large mixing bowl, add sweetener if desired (I like 4 drops of stevia), mix with an electric mixer for two minutes or until you achieve desired fluffy consistency.
- Store in the fridge for up to eight months