Inspired by this recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Shred your sweet potato using a box grater.
- Mix together shredded sweet potato, scallions, eggs, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Heat 1-2 tsp coconut oil to a large pan.
- When oil is hot, add about 1/3 cup of the sweet potato mixture to the pan for each latke. Cook until the sweet potato begins to brown, or about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, thick yogurt or apple sauce.