Spring weather has me craving a light, fresh, and bright salad recipe. This one from my book, Go With Your Gut, takes less than 15 minutes to toss together and is so delicious!
- 1 cups uncooked quinoa (or 2 cups salad greens)
- 1 daikon radish, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ to 1 cup mix of micro greens and/or sprouts of any kind
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 avocado, diced
- Handful of raw sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Drain and use it warm or refrigerate it until cold depending on your preference.
- To make the salad, combine all the ingredients and serve immediately! Glass of rosé optional.