Game. Changer. If you’re looking for something savory for breakfast instead of smoothies or yogurt, this grain-free bibimbap-style bowl will help switch up your sweet morning routine.
One of the fun things about this recipe is that it’s perfect for lunch and dinner, too!
This recipe (& many others!) can be found in Thin From Within.
Bibimbap Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 1½ cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups greens, such as kale, baby kale, spinach, arugula
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- Easy Kimchi (page 147) or Pretty-in-Pink Fermented Radishes (page 144)
- Sliced scallions
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer it to your bowl.
- Add the greens to the skillet and cook until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Drizzle the greens with the toasted sesame oil and place in your bowl.
- If necessary, melt a bit more coconut oil in the skillet, then crack in the egg and cook to your desired doneness.
- Add the carrots and bean sprouts to your bowl. Top with the egg, and garnish with kimchi or fermented radishes, scallions, and more sesame oil, if desired.
Note: You can swap out the cauliflower rice for any grain that works for you (white rice, brown rice, quinoa, and more!)