If banana smoothies give you a sugar high and upset your tummy, frozen steamed cauliflower is your new BFF. This secret, tasteless ingredient gives all the creaminess with none of the sugar.
This recipe (& many others!) can be found in my book Thin From Within.
Blueberry Smoothie Pie
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1½ cups frozen steamed cauliflower
- 2 to 4 tablespoons collagen
- ¾ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1½ cups nondairy milk (I recommend almond or flax)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon nut butter
- Liquid stevia (optional)
Combine all the ingredients except the stevia in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add a drop or two of stevia, if desired, and blend to incorporate before serving.