Do we really ever outgrow our love for gummy treats? I learned to pass on the sticky sweet Peach Slices and Swedish Fish (most of the time at least!), but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t still crave these fruity candies. Which is why I love creating healthier gummy treats – so I can satisfy my cravings without loading my body with sugar, food dyes and artificial ingredients.
This recipe for naturally sweetened and gut friendly Cherry Kombucha Gummies (inspired by the Good Gut Gummies from my first book Go with Your Gut) contain a trifecta of gut-healing ingredients – kombucha with good-for-your-gut probiotics, gelatin which helps heal the lining of your gut, and New Chapter Fermented Aloe Booster Powder which is calming and soothing for your digestive tract.
You can make these in a small baking dish and cut into squares, or for added fun you can order cute molds (like these!) online. If these shapes don’t scream summer is coming, I don’t know what does.
I always LOVE seeing what you create, so if you make these snap a photo, post to social media and tag me @robynyoukilis. Yum!
Cherry Kombucha Gummies with Fermented Aloe
- 1 ½ cup frozen sweet cherries
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup kombucha
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 serving New Chapter Fermented Aloe Booster Powder
- 1⁄4 cup unflavored gelatin
- Add the cherries to a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow them to cook until the liquid is steaming and the berries are plump, about 6-10 minutes.
- Place the lime juice, kombucha, honey, and berries into a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Remove the lid and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the gelatin and booster powder to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into candy molds, or a 9 x 9-inch baking dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the gummies have set, remove them from the molds or slice them into desired shapes and store in the refrigerator.