Even though my daughter is no longer a baby, she still has her days (errr weeks…) when she doesn’t sleep through the night, which often leaves me feeling less than rested the next morning. When my energy is low, I reach for my favorite New Chapter Fermented Maca Booster Powder to give me a natural boost and support my hormones. Usually I blend this powder into my Magical Morning Matchas (or on those less sleep days, bulletproof coffee), but I wanted to come up with a fun way I could get my boost without having to use a blender or make a fancy drink. Enter: this supercharged chai spice mix, which I’ve lovingly dubbed “Mommy’s Little Helper.” Plus, I’ve personally found that it gives my libido a boost too! Double win!
Spend 10 minutes mixing up this spice blend and you’ll have a yummy, versatile seasoning that will give you a boost of flavor and energy. I’ve included some ideas for how to use the blend, but the possibilities are endless! I’d love to hear where you use it – leave a comment below and inspire us all!
Fermented Maca Chai Spice Mix (aka Mommy’s Little Helper)
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 servings New Chapter Fermented Maca Booster Powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
Add all spices to a medium bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container (glass jar or reused spice shaker jar)
- Sprinkle ½ tsp on your Power Parfaits, morning oatmeal or cereal bowls.
- Add ½ – 1 tsp into your smoothies.
- Blend 1 tsp into your Magical Morning Matcha or a bulletproof style coffee.
- Make a simple chai latte with 1 tsp of the spice mix, 1 cup of hot water and 1 cup warm milk of choice. Add 1-2 tsp maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
- Use in place of cinnamon in baked goods for a more complex flavor, plus an energy boost from the maca!