Try these gut healthy gummies, great for reducing inflammation.
I don’t know why, but there’s something I just LOVE about gummies. But have you ever looked at the ingredients on the back of a box of fruit snacks or gummies?! Gross! That’s why I whipped up these “good gut” gummies. Gelatin is great for healing your gut as it helps to restore a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach and reduce the amount of inflammation in the body. It’s also a pure source of protein, boosts metabolism, and reduces heartburn and acid reflux.
GOOD GUT GUMMIES from Go with Your Gut
Servings depend on size and cut
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries (or a mix of the two)
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice (or a mix of the two)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey (generally 2 for adults, 3 for kids)
- 1⁄4 cup unflavored Great Lakes Gelatin
- Add the berries to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the berries and allow them to cook until the liquid is steaming and the berries are plump, about 6-10 minutes.
- Place the lemon juice, honey, and berries into a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Remove the lid and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the gelatin to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into candy molds, or a 9 x 9-inch baking dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the gummies have set, remove them from the molds or slice them into desired shapes and store in the refrigerator.