Loaded with good for you (and naturally slimming) ingredients plus loads of dark leafy greens this soup will get you back in track on no time. You can sip it during the day or replace one or two meals with it.
- 3 tablespoons organic miso paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches of dark leafy greens such as spinach, watercress, kale, mustards and collards, chopped
- Ginger, grated
- Garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (optional)
- Green onion or chives, chopped (optional)
- TK Sea salt and black pepper
- Boil water in a medium to large pot with garlic and ginger.
- Once boiling, add your greens and turn heat down to a simmer.
- Add green onion or chives and yellow onion if using and cook a minute or two until greens are tender.
- Remove soup from heat. In a small bowl combine miso paste with a small amount of the soup liquid. Combine thoroughly with a fork and then add the miso mixture to pot (do not return to heat).
- Season with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper and serve as is or blend soup with an immersion blender. Taste and adjust seasoning, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or a squeeze of lemon are additional natural detoxifiers and add nice flavor. You may also need a bit of additional liquid.