To support your bodies in your homes right now, I wanted to share some of my best home workouts and recovery hacks with you!
If you’ve followed me on Instagram for a while, you know that moving my body is a huge priority for me. I spend a lot of time sitting at my desk and even more time “sitting” in my head, so getting into my body is a non-negotiable. Now that we’re home full-time it’s even more crucial that we move our bodies in a way that feels good for us. Some days that looks like a walk, holding a plank or dancing around with Navy, but most days I like to go big or go home (haha). No matter what I choose each day, I’m honoring my body and tuning in to what feels right in this moment. This isn’t the time to put any more pressure on ourselves.
Please note these are just my personal recommendations and not medical advice, always listen to your body, your doctor and do what is best and most supportive of you.
Favorite Digital Streaming Options:
- The Class by Taryn Toomey – I love the class because it’s focused on moving emotions through and out of your body and opening your heart. It’s a great way to get a good sweat and work through any energy that might not be serving you.
- LEKFit – Whenever I’m in LA, the first thing I schedule is a class at LEKFit and I love the digital streaming version almost as much. Each week you get three new workouts plus an archive library. The workout you see me bouncing around to most uses a rebounder but you can do them all on the floor as well!
- Melissa Wood Health – My friend, Melissa Wood, offers beautiful low-impact workouts that focus on building long lean lines and a stronger relationship with yourself. Plus, she has a wonderful energy that you just feel good working out to.
- Tone It Up – I love these ladies! All sorts of effective and short workouts from abs to yoga to full body. I love that they’ve made it free and available for everyone during this time.
- Sweat App – This app is great because it encourages you to schedule workouts and makes it super simple to follow the plan so it has some built in accountability which can work great if that’s what you need right now.
All of these options have free trial periods, so I highly encourage giving them a try and seeing which one you love best!
Home Workouts From Some Of My Favorite People:
- Meagan Fitzgerald – virtual pilates from one of the best of the best!
- Emily Nachazel – Emily is leading live Katonah Yoga classes on a donation basis. You can also take her past classes on YouTube.
- YO-BK – one of my favorite studios in NYC has taken their classes online
- Yoga Vida – another place I like to take classes when I’m home is offering online classes
- Aarmy – one of my favorite teachers in the entire world, Angela Manuel-Davis, is teaching spinning classes here and doing daily motivation sessions. There’s also bootcamp and other awesome options.
- Issac Boots – fun and challenging IG Live workouts
- Nicole Marcione – focused on longevity and overall health, Nicole offers amazing mat pilates classes on Facebook Live for all ages
- Rachael Hall – my beautiful friend has created a movement program that nourishes your mind, body and soul! She has a seriously lovely way of teaching that I can’t get enough of. Plus, if you sign up, there’s a bonus health call with me!
- Alissa Rae Hill – her classes are a mixture of Franklin Method, dance, pilates, somatics, breathe, HIIT and more and she’s leading them via Zoom Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 am PST//11 am EST and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 pm PST // 7pm EST
Home Gym Equipment:
- Dumbbells – you can fill up large water bottles or use wine bottles if you can’t get dumbbells right now!
- Rebounder – I have the Bellicon 44” with fold-up legs but they’re all great. If you’re looking for another option, any rebounder designed for fitness will work.
- Ankle weights – I have 2 lbs but go with anything from 1-3 lbs
- Infrared heater – this is totally optional, but having a warm room at home turns up the sweat factor and takes your workout to the next level
- Mist humidifier – again, totally optional, but I love a warm, sweaty movement session
- Jade Yoga Mat – provides super level of traction for any activity
Workout Wear I Love:
- Tory Sport – you’ve likely seen me weaning this hoodie and leggings on Instagram a lot lately! They’ve got great sets for when you want something less basic. I also have this tie-dye top.
- Outdoor Voices – I love the high coverage of this sports bra and these tri-tone pants
- Lululemon – these Align pants are the softest and I wear them all the time!
- Alo Yoga – this pullover got me through the cooler months and it’s great for staying cozy inside
Recovery And Beyond:
- Higher Dose infrared sauna wrap – this is a bonus item, but one of my favorite ways to literally melt stress away Plus, we aren’t sweating as much as normal right now, so this will help the body detoxify through sweat. To get $75 off your purchase, use the code ROBYN15! Be sure to use my link too!
- Infrared bio-magnetic mat – I love my infrared crystal bio mat. It’s amazing for grounding, healing pain and an overall energetic reset. It’s also super easy to use because any amount of time is great and you don’t sweat (so no clean up).
- Hypervolt Handheld Percussion Massage Device – My husband bought this for himself for his birthday but I spend most days snuggled up with it! Although not really because if you feel it something fierce when using this device to self-massage! But it’s great for those sore spots and especially my IT band.
- New Chapter Recovery Supplements – you all know how I feel about New Chapter by now! Most of their supplements are fermented, making them more absorbable and the use super high quality ingredients. I’ve been recommending them for 11 years now! My go-to recovery supplements are Fermented Turmeric Powder, Zyflamend and Workout + Recovery. Turmeric has been used for centuries to fight inflammation and any kind of stress – good or bad – cause an inflammatory response. I love this option because you can cook with it or add it to dressings and soups. Zyflamend is a combination of herbs used for thousands of years for pain relief, overall health and longevity with tons of research. Workout & Recovery feels like my secret weapon! Personally, I notice such a dramatic difference in soreness the next day when I take this and when I don’t.
At the end of the day the most powerful home workout you do is whatever one works best for YOU! Some weeks I do a lot of classes, some weeks I need to do less and just chill. But tuning in to my body, asking what would be most supportive, and then doing my best to act on that internal wisdom, will always be the best way I can support me and my forever home (my body!) no matter what. I hope you find my best home workouts and recovery hacks supportive.
Lots of love,