When it comes to skincare, my mantra is “more is MORE”. Learning about the toxic chemicals that are in our everyday products was a huge eye opener for me and since I’m such a fan of all things skincare, I knew I wanted to put only the safest on my body. So personally, I’ve been cleaning up my entire routine and adding in all the clean and non-toxic beauty products!
When Navy started putting on my lipstick and blush, it was a turning point for me. I had a few greener products, but I started to feel less and less comfortable having anything in my kit that wasn’t safe for her. She loves to come into my room and do her makeup! I had a similar revelation with food when I was pregnant – I realized what I put into my body had to be good for her, not just for me.
Just a reminder, I am not a professional beauty blogger, but it’s so fun to share all the clean and non-toxic beauty products I use and love with you, so here goes.
I use the Beautycounter Countertime Collection. The full regimen has 4 steps that all work together to get optimal results: cleanse, prep, treat and protect. Each product builds on the last and since I’ve been using them all together consistently, I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin – and so have lots of other people!
- Cleanse: Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil – people love this cleanser because it doesn’t leave that tight and dry feeling (FYI I typically swap this for other BC cleansers because I’m old school and still like a sudsy, squeaky clean feeling, but the oil cleansers are def what the cool kids are doing these days)
- Prep: Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence – hydration delivered straight to the skin allowing for maximum absorption
- Treat: Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum – using a safe natural retinol alternative, this serum has helped reduce fine lines and wrinkles (hello 40!)
- Protect: Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream – I use this AM and PM especially in the summer and find it to be super hydrating
- Eyes: Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream – I use this one at night for extra moisture
Start here basics: If you just want to dip your toe in and try some highly effective products, these are all amazing and everyone who tries them LOVES them (me too):
- Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel – very gentle peel that I use a couple of times a week to help exfoliate and give me that glow. This is a fan favorite for sure!
- Counter+ All Bright C Serum – super potent vitamin C that helps reduce dark spots and give you that overall glow
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask – pulls out alllll the dirt
- Counter + Eye Revive Cooling Masks – great for a little extra self-care moment or if you had a poopy night of sleep and need a little something to brighten up your eyes
When your skin is acting up, you’re post sweaty workout or you just want a squeaky clean feeling like me, try:
- Counter+ Charcoal Cleansing Bar
- Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser
- Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser -this helped me get through an extended breakout a year or so back, and I highly recommend if you’re acne prone, but Beautycounter’s is great, too, if you want to just stick to one order
I keep it pretty simple when it comes to makeup (unless I’ve got a media appearance!) and I love the ones I use below. Beautycounter has some amazing makeup options with beautiful pigments which can be hard to find in non-toxic products:
- Beautycounter Color Intense Lipstick: Brunch is my personal favorite
- Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer – Dune is my color. I like a lot of bronzer so I double up on the application
- Beautycounter Touchup Skin Concealer Pen – use this under your eyes to brighten and even out your skin
- Beautycounter Dew Skin – this has SPF 20 and gives that overall dewy glow
- Beautycounter Brow Gel – great for a quick fill-in
- Tata Harper Very Highlighting Cream Highlighter – Beautycounter’s Illuminating Cream Highlighter is similar to this if you want to simplify
- Tata Harper Lip & Cheek Tint:
- Ilia Mascara Limitless Mascara
Other products I love:
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Mask and Clarifying Mask – Tata Harper is obviously my other favorite non-toxic brand. The products are gorgeous and full of organic, active ingredients grown on Tata Harper’s farm in Vermont
- Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer – this has diamond essence for a little sparkle. If you know you know
- Tata Harper Regenerative Cleanser – a gentle, exfoliating cleanser that I’ve used for years
- Lip Conditioner – give me all the lip balm! My favorite is Calendula
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Spray SPF 30
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Stick SPF 30 – Of course, I didn’t leave little ones out! I use this sunscreen on Navy and highly recommend it
- Countersun Daily Sheer Defense for Face SPF 25 – This really goes on so sheer
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 – Award-winning body for sunscreen
- Kids Bath Collection – is also a regular in our household
No matter what you see on Instagram or Youtube, I’ve found the best way to greener, cleaner skincare is to find the products you love, work best with your skin, and of course, make you feel fabulous.
If you want personalized recommendations, click here to send me an email and let’s chat!
Let me know if you try (and love) any of my favorites! Also, leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite clean, non-toxic beauty products are!
PS The links above contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, if you click through and purchase, I will make a commission.