Simple Seasonal Salad for Fall or Winter
2 bunches arugula, washed and dried or buy boxed pre-washed organic baby arugula
1 pear, sliced
2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds/ pepitas (without shell)
4-5 dried black mission figs, chopped
Flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1⁄4 teaspoon real maple syrup or honey
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula and parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Add 3⁄4 of the dressing and mix well.
- Add pear slices, pepitas and chopped figs.
7. Drizzle remaining dressing on top and toss slightly and gently.