Any roasted vegetables feels elevated when drizzled with a special dressing, and the combination of sweet roasted root vegetables with this turmeric-tahini dressing is no exception. Honestly, this dressing tastes good on anything: salads, grilled meat and veggies of all kinds. I recommend doubling the recipe so you’ll have extra to experiment with.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Turmeric-Tahini Dressing
- 2 cups chopped or sliced vegetable of choice, such as sweet potato, carrots and beets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric or about 1-inch turmeric root, grated
- 1 tablespoon miso paste, optional
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons well-stirred tahini
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, black pepper and red pepper ﬂakes to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley (or other fresh herb of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet with sides. You’ll want there to be a little space in between the veggies.
- Toss them with the oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and pepper. Roast them for 20 minutes to start.
- While your veggies are roasting, make your dressing: Combine garlic, turmeric, miso, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil in a bowl and whisk together or use a food processor.
- Add water as needed to thin dressing to the consistency desired. It will thicken as it sits so I tend to add a little extra water.
- When your veggies are done, transfer to serving dish or plate and top generously with the dressing. Taste and add additional salt, pepper and red pepper as desired. Option to top with fresh herbs like parsley.