Recently I’ve been taking my Rule of 5 Plate lunches up a notch by adding New Chapter Fermented Black Seed Booster Powder to my trays of roasted veggies. Like any wellness gal I love me a smoothie bowl or blended superfood latte, but more than that I love finding a way to incorporate superfoods like the New Chapter fermented booster powders to meals and dishes I’m already making. When brainstorming how I could use the booster powders in more than just drinks I immediately thought of the trays of roasted veggies I #mealprep every week and BOOM a genius idea was born. Black Seed is beneficial for stress relief, memory support and mood and tastes like toasty sesame seeds so it’s super versatile to use in everyday cooking (stir into to soups, sprinkle on salads or add to cooked greens).
Supercharged Roasted Vegetables
- 2 (small) acorn squash (but any root veggie or squash will do)
- 2 tbl extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 serving of New Chapter Fermented Black Seed Booster Powder
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half; discard seeds and cut squash in thin slices.
- Toss squash slices, olive oil, salt, and New Chapter Black Seed Booster Powder together in a bowl until the squash is evenly coated.
- Spread squash evenly onto a pan and roast in preheated oven until golden brown and tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
This post is sponsored by New Chapter, as always all opinions are my own. I only work with companies whose product I stand behind wholeheartedly and am grateful to share these products with you!